The University of Santiago de Compostela presents campUSCulturae, a new initiative in favour of cultures, multiculturalism and cultural diversity. To have in consideration cultures (specially the minority cultures) is an opportunity for supporting the World Cultural Bio-Diversity, offering to our language and culture new links and feedbacks to other linguistic and cultural codes.
campUSCulturae is a new vision about important aims for an University in the XXI century:
- Promoting the intercultural dialogue
- Creating spaces for understanding between peoples and cultures in the World and for knowing other cultural codes.
- Supporting projects on cultural minorities lesser preserved or in danger of extinction.
- Promoting the international projection of minority languages in the World
- Presenting cultural diversity from non-patronizing, non-colonizing and equal standards
- Showing ways of life and group and personal experiences related to different cultural implementations
- Breaking taboos and preconceptions against cultural and social diversity.