- To coordinate the development and implementation of the USC equality plan.
- To encourage and develop the culture of equality.
- To promote the introduction of gender perspective in the different sectors of knowledge, especially in the teaching field, paying attention to those more influential areas due to their projection in society.
- To facilitate the fulfilment of legal provisions on gender equality and equity through recommendations which help their development.
- To develop and disseminate information related to gender resources.
- To ensure the aspect of gender in the collection of data and statistics of the USC.
- To favour the specific training and research in gender studies.
- To detect and intercede – if necessary – in case of gender conflicts in teaching contents and labour relations.
- To implement active policies of conciliation of labour life with personal and family life for all female and male workers of the USC.