"Gelmírez" Residence Hall
Director: Mr. Tomás Briongos Rica
Vista Alegre, 48
15705 Santiago de Compostela
Telephone Number: 981586099 / 981586267 / 981586478
Web Page: http://www.cmugelmirez.com
- Vacancies: 140 - Mixed Residence Hall
- Room types: single rooms with bathroom and heating.
- Characteristics and Location: Situated on the North Campus of the USC, it is just ten minutes walk from the historical centre. The ownership of the Residence Hall is managed by the "Maristas" Christian congregation which, since 1965, extends with this Hall, at university level, its long educational experience.
Although it is well connected with the centre of the city, the Hall runs its own bus service to be connected with the South Campus.
- Full Board Accommodation
- Daily cleaning service
- Sport facilities: football ground, five-a-side football and handball pitches, basketball and tennis courts
- "Fontán-Sarmiento" Seminar on Hagiography, Onomastics and Toponymy of Galicia.
- Study room
- Computer room with connection to the Internet
- Press room
- Video room
- TV room
- Assembly room
- Conference room
- Ping-pong room
- Parking area
- Photographic Laboratory
These facilities are available for the full academic year.
- Cultural activities: conferences, cafe-discussions, computer courses and publication of the school journal.
- Sport activities: participation both in internal competitions and in competitions with other university institutions, chess, cards and domino tournaments and championships, etc.
- Photographic contest
- Traditional celebrations: Opening ceremony of the academic year (October), "Magosto" (November), Christmas dinner (December), School Week and presentation of sashes (April) and Bachelor´s ceremony (June).