201535 - Tecnología de Materiales Residuales (OPTATIVAS GENERALES DE 2º CICLO) - Curso 2012/2013
- Créditos ECTS
- Créditos ECTS: 4.50
- Total: 4.5
- Tipo: Materia Ordinaria RD 1497/1987
- Departamentos: Física Aplicada
- Áreas: Física Aplicada
- Centro: Facultad de Física
- Convocatoria: Primer Cuatrimestre
- Docencia y Matrícula: null
|Nombre||Tipo Grupo||Tipo Docencia||Horario Clase||Horario exámenes|
Existen programas da materia para los siguientes idiomas:CastellanoGallegoInglésCourse objectives
Application of the knowledgement acquired during the Degree to real problems from a scientific point of view in the field of the environment, a priority for the global politics of the EU.
Training students in an integral way as professionals in the future labor world that they are going to find.
Therefore, this subject is divided in thematic blocks that analyze current problems where there are combined technological, social and environmental approaches.Contents
The development of the list of topics is based on a few specific thematic and interrelated blocks:
PRESENTATION OF THE SUBJECT (1rst week). Introduction to the world and problematics of the Residues: Integral Management and Treatment.
THEMATIC BLOCK A. MINIMIZATION AND RECYCLING (2nd and 3nd week). To analize the origin, types, composition and properties of the Municipal Solid Wastes (MSW). Rates of generation, withdrawal, separation and pre-processing. This thematic block tries to introduce the pupil in the real problematics of the MSW in the technological current society, and in their Integral Management and treatment with the social, sanitary and environmental suitable guarantees.
THEMATIC BLOCK B. THERMAL CONVERSION: INCINERATION (4th and 5th week). To study the real possibilities of the incineration opposite to other technological options, and the environmental problematics of the correct treatment of the gaseous emission. Environmental quality and usefulness of the generated remains
THEMATIC BLOCK C. COMPOSTAJE (6th and 7th week). Comparative analysis of the aerobic composting opposite to the anaerobic digestion.
THEMATIC BLOCK D. SPILLAGE (8th and 9th week). Engineering and environmental quality Concepts.
1.-Cerceda-SOGAMA's environmental complex (Coruña).
2.- Production Composting Plant in Nostián (Coruña).
3.-Nuclear plant of waste treatment of ENRESA (Córdoba).
4.-Plant of industrial waste treatment manufacturers in SOGARISA (Somozas-Coruña).Basic and complementary bibliography
1. Gestión Integral de Residuos Sólidos. G. Tchobanoglous. McGraw Hill. Madrid. 1994.
2. Manual McGraw Hill de Reciclaje. H. F. Lund. McGraw Hill. Madrid. 1996.
3. Técnicas de Higiene Urbana. R. Dorfmann. Instituto de Estudios de Administración Local. Madrid. 1977.
4. Gestión de Residuos Urbanos. L. Fontanet. EXLibris. Madrid. 1999.
5. Eliminación de los Residuos Sólidos Urbanos. J. López. eta. Barcelona. 1980.
1. Dioxinas y Furanos. J. Casanovas. Ministerio de Obras Públicas, Tranporte y Medioambiente. Madrid. 1996.
2. Derecho Ambiental de Galicia. F. Sanz. Fundación Caixa Galicia. A Coruña. 1997.
1. Gestión de Residuos Tóxicos. M. LaGrega. McGraw Hill. Madrid. 1996.
2. Biotratamiento de Residuos Tóxicos y Peligrosos. M. Levin. McGraw Hill. Madrid. 1997.
3. Ingeniería de Aguas Residuales. Metcalf & Hedí. McGraw Hill. Madrid. 1995.
4. Strategies of Industrial and Hazardous Waste Management. N. Nemerov. VRR. New Cork. 1998.
5. Origen y Gestión de Residuos Radiactivos. G. Echagüe. Ilustre Colegio Oficial de Físicos. Madrid. 2000.Competence
To present of attractive and dynamic form the list of topics in a little time. Offer to the pupil all the necessary information to facilitate the most basic work. Bear in mind the multidisciplinarity of the matter and the pupils' diversity that can have a subject of free configuration.
To recover the knowledge acquired in previous courses of his formation and this matter relates with other of the degree to the aim that the pupil sees the usefulness of this one in his daily labor and preparation for his future as professional.
Presumable competitions of the pupil
A base is supposed on the part of the student body solid in physics acquired during his degree and another weaker in chemistry and biological sciences acquired in the secondary one, besides basic knowledge to user's level in computer science and in English.
Besides the interest for the degree chosen in any of his areas and the typical worries of a pupil in a career of experimental sciences from the capacity of analysis and synthesis to his interest for the environment.
SKILLS / ABILITIES
To take facility of comprehension in the questions that appear along the course and mental agility for his reasonable exposition using and applying his career education. Exposition of real problems and solving them in a scientific way. Teaching methodology
The theoretical part develops along the whole course inserting the technical visits. The class presencial will be the Thursday and in which the teacher will coordinate the work assigned in every phase to develop correctly the topic. Other two days of the week the teacher will be at the disposal of the pupils in the shape of personalized tutorships. If it is necessary, pupils can go to the professor office to consult bibliography in order to extract documentation of the network.
From 2nd to 9nd week all the pupils will develop the same blocks separately. The weeks 10 nd and 11 nd the teacher will compile the information and will assign the definitive work to the pupils using like base the different notes elaborated by the pupils. The 4 topics to choose are:
1. The establishment of a system of withdrawal in Santiago: improvement and optimization. Week 12.
2. The Plan SOGAMA: alternatives to introducing in the process. Week 13.
3. The Compostaje in Coruña: Week 14.
4. The dump of Santiago: problematics and solutions. Week 15.
The defense of the works will be done during the period between 12nd and 15nd weeks.
It will be realized of obligatory form in the shape of assistance to the technical visits programmed by the teacher along the course.
The matter is given across the Virtual Campus.Assessment system
The final note, 100 points, divides in four different parts:
1. Obligatory assistance to the classes and personalized tutorships: 10 points.
2. The oral presentation of the work proposed by the teacher: 60 points.
3. Technical obligatory visits: 20 points.
4. Innovation: 10 points.
In case of the matter does not overcome in the summons of February any approved part will be guard for September. In these summons the oral presentation of a work only will allow to obtain a maximum of 30 points to which there will add the points obtained in other paragraphs.
Will be considered to be overcome the previous parts 2, 3 and 4 always and when 50 % of the points should be obtained in each of them. In part1 they will need to obtain 8 of 10 points.Study time and individual work
Time of study and personal work
This parameter depends much on the "capacities acquired " for the pupil along his academic life as student. Referring to the general picture, there are supposed a total of 89 hours, that is to say approximately 5,9 weekly hours counting assistance to theoretical courses and lab, seminars and tutorships.
Theory: 16 hours
Seminars: 12 hours
Technical visits: 6 hours
Tutorships and others: 25 hours
Non presential hours:
Seminar preparation: 25 hours
Presentation preparation: 5 hours
Total hours: 89 hoursRecommendations for the study of the subject
It is recommended to participate actively in class. Realize original related seminars according to the list of topics. Working in groups and solving punctual doubts using the bibliography that is given at the end of every topic.
Any doubt will be solved with teacher inside the schedule of the tutorships or by the Virtual Campus. The whole recommended bibliography is in the USC Library (BUSC) or in the particular library of the teacher that is at the disposal of the pupil.