The Faculty of Veterinary Science, founded in 1983, resumes the legacy of the former Special School of Veterinary Science (1882-1924) -originally seated in Santiago- as the only center in the Autonomic Community of Galicia to form Veterinary Science professionals.
Its quality has been certified by the JEC ( Joint Education Commite), what means the Veterinary Science Degree complies not only with the requirements of the European Directives 78/1026 and 78/1027, but also with those defined by the Advisory Committee on Veterinary Training (III/F/5171/7/92). These facts are a demonstration of the commitment for a continuos improvement in veterinary education, research and innovation. An important role to achieve this goal is played by the Veterinary Teaching Hospital "Rof Codina" (HVU-RC) improving the Faculty teaching, promoting clinical research and scientific innovation.
Coordinator: Profª Dra. Patricia Fernández de Trocóniz, Vicedean of students and mobility programmes.
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: +34 982 285 900 Ext: 22321
The Faculty is placed in the Council of Lugo (north-western of Spain), the capital of the same named province. Lugo is 107 km from Santiago de Compostela and 501 km from Madrid, capital of Spain.
Information Centre USC University